Wednesday, October 26, 2005

It's A Tradition



Last night was one of my favorite nights of the year. Why, you might ask? Well, I will tell you. "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" came on last night, and in my mind it's not Halloween until you see that show. Most of you may not know this but I am a HUGE Snoopy fan. HUGE. And I must see this show every year. Of course, I tell my kids that it's for them but it's really for me. Snoopy as the World War 1 flying ace is my favorite Snoopy character. In fact, I'll tell you a little Sand Mtn. Photog Blog secret. I have a Snoopy tattoo on my shoulder. There in all his glory is the WW1 Flying Ace flying in his Sopwith Camel, bravely taking on the Red Baron in air to air combat. Yes, I love Snoopy. And this show is a classic, as is the Peanuts Christmas special. So don't bother calling me if Snoopy is on TV cause I won't answer the phone. Who knows, this may be the year that Snoopy shoots down the Red Baron. Or maybe, just maybe, the Great Pumpkin will rise out of the pumpkin patch and Linus won't ruin Sally's tricks or treats after all. When you are a kid, or a kid at heart, anything can happen.

No comments: