Monday, October 03, 2005

Roll Tide!!!!!



What a game!! Can I say it again? Roll Tide!!! One of the perks of this job is that I get to go to cover Alabama football games. Those of you who are not Alabama fans might not think this is much of a perk, but the rest of you will understand. And this is one of the best ones I have been able to cover. Alabama played as good a game as I have ever seen them play. The fans were huge in this game, they started out loud and kept getting louder. I really think that they played a big part in this win as they kept Florida's offense confused. These are video stills from the game, the one being the first touchdown to Tyrone Prothro and the other is Don Shula, Coach Mike Shula's dad and a pretty good coach himself.
I also want to say a big hello to Brock Parker, a fellow news blogger who works at WTVM out of Columbus, Georgia. I shot a big part of the game standing next to him on the sideline. The great thing for me was the he recognized me from my blog photo. Wow, I must be getting famous now for sure. Brock was a really nice guy and it was great to meet him. Besides, he may be good luck for the Tide, so get back to T'town for the Tennesse game, Brock. You can check out Brock's blog here http://bpontheair.blogspot.com/.
One more time please. Roll, Tide, Roll!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Brock said...

Thanks for the kind words! If everything works out, my sports director has tagged me to come back to the Tennessee game. The sad part is I'll be with one of our other reporters who graduated from UT. That should be a fun trip...

We have a "must attend" event that day, but I'm trying to weasel out of it. Hope to see you back in T-Town!

Brock said...

Hey, Brad! It looks like I'll see you at the Tennessee game! Everything's clear for me to go. I'll be bringing another reporter with me (the Tennessee graduate, no less). We'll have to give him heck! See you then!